Thursday, January 20, 2011

Got my back pack today!

This beautiful little guy, weighing in at 2lbs 7oz will be accompanying me on my adventure through the heart of America. With my sleeping bag and my tent, my base weight is shy of 8lbs. I really like the structure; it fits on my back well. All I need now are clothes and a stove. Then comes the much larger task of organizing my resupply itinerary of food. This will be the blog I will use on the trail to give everyone a heads up as to how I am doing.

MARCH 13th! A one-way train ticket to Gainesville, GA from DC.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome . . . reading this will become part of my daily practice :) . . .

    Sushi and a movie this weekend before you go?

    Get up with me . . .

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. dag gone trying to blog you....lost the second one - let me see fo this one goes thru !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well each time I write - it gets shorter cause I can't seem to get it to go thru!! Hopefully Your slow learning Aunt Laura gets it right this time !I read about the grill you had and that it was heavy,we have a little thing that I think is called a bunson burner and it heats with candles. Takes longer to heat things up,but after dark what are you gonna do anyway! Its light as a feather. You can borrow it if you'd like! Uncle Billy and I would love to see you before you leave. We're great campers! With 20yrs experience, we can give you some tips on what you might need! We're excited about reading"The Adventures of Chazaq-Wilderness Man" ! Love you ! Aunt Laura :)

    ReplyDelete